Saturday, February 21, 2009

Undone by Brooke Taylor

****Undone by Brooke Taylor****

Originality- 18/20
Characters- 18/20
Remembrance- 9/10
Quote-ability- 10/10
Entertainment- 18/20
Ending- 9/10
Recommend to read- 9/10
TOTAL- 91/100
Grade- A

When Kori Kitlzer, the “dark angel” of the 8th grade, tells Serena Moore that they are more alike than she thinks, Serena is instantly intrigued. As their friendship solidifies and their lives entwine, Serena tries to become more like the fearless, outspoken, and ambitious Kori. Soon Serena doesn’t know where she begins and Kori ends. But when a twist of fate yanks Kori away from Serena, she will need to find a way to complete her best friend’s life left undone.

I was a little worried when starting to read this because everyone said it was fantastic. And I really wasn't in the mood for a major dispointment. Thank god I was satisfied. Serena was such a fun character to read about. There were so many funny things that she said, and it wasn't overly played at all. I've actually used some of their comebacks. fuahaha. I couldn't fully understand Serena's relationship with Kori though. Kori was always being to cruel and heartless. Yeah I know in the end Kori is there for Serena, but who would put up with it? Why would Kori keep something so big from Serena for so long? I just find it hard to believe that two people so "close" and dependent on each other could make each other feel so crappy. Still I looked past this remembering all of the horrible things my friends and I went through and all the crap they pulled with me. Sometimes it doesn't matter. That aside I loved the whole story. Kori dying really changed and affected Serena. I enjoyed reading about how Serena trying to BE Kori, but in the end learning how to really be herself. Overall I think that Undone was one of the first books I read that showed a REAL friendship that isn't all cupcakes and rainbows.

2 comments:

nadine said...

This sounds good.

Amy said...

agreed!i liked that this book wasn't the steriotypical happy-go-lucky friends, it made it more genuine.
-amy