Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Crank by Ellen Hopkins + Other news

I finally finished reading Crank! yeahh! *pats self on back* Before I review it though i'll tell you my good news. first off my cousins girlfriend Rose had her baby this morning her name is Elizabeth Rose. Second I'm very excited because I was asked to review two new books! Once i get them i'll read them right away so i can review them. Okay i'm done rambling here you go!

***Crank by Ellen Hopkins***

Seventeen-year-old Kristina Snow is introduced to crank on a trip to visit her wayward father. Caught up in a fast-paced, frightening, and unfamiliar world, she morphs into "Bree" after she "shakes hands with the monster." Her fearless, risk-taking alter ego grows stronger, "convincing me to be someone I never dreamed I'd want to be." When Kristina goes home, things don't return to normal. Although she tries to reconnect with her mother and her former life as a good student, her drug use soon takes over, leaving her "starving for speed" and for boys who will soon leave her scarred and pregnant.

So far i've read Impulse, Burned, and now Crank by Ellen Hopkins and they were all great. Crank was fantastic but i think Impulse is still my favorite. I love how Ellen Hopkins writes in verse, it makes the book very interesting to read. Kristina is a very realistic character that you can easily identify with. Everything that happens in this novel could easily happen to anyone. Kristina fell into the dark depths of addiction and she is yet to climb out. I didn't want this book to end but unfortunately it did. The urge to go to Borders and buy the sequel to Crank called Glass is very strong. I would reccomend this book to anyone that would like to read about a difficult topic in a new exciting way.

I am happy to give this book 4 out of 5 muffins!

Happy reading!
Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i been wanting to read this for so longg. me gotta! hehe

what books are you getting??

Keri Mikulski said...

Love this book. :) And I love the muffin rating system.