Sunday, April 19, 2009

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a post where I tell you the books that I received this week either by buying them from the bookstore, going to the library or from my mailbox. Check out The Story Siren to learn more!

For Review:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa

Haruhi holds the fate of the universe in her hands . . . lucky for you she doesn't know it! Meet Haruhi - a cute, determined girl, starting high school in a city where nothing exciting happens and absolutely no one understands her. Meet Kyon ­­- the sarcastic guy who sits behind Haruhi in homeroom and the only boy Haruhi has ever opened up to. His fate is now tied to hers. Meet the S.O.S. Brigade - an after-school club organized by Haruhi with a mission to seek out the extraordinary. Oh, and their second mission? Keeping Haruhi happy . . . because even though she doesn't know it, Haruhi has the power to destroy the universe. Seriously.

Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita

When Sam's best friend gets her first boyfriend, she's not ready to spend the summer listening to the two of them call each other "pookie." Sick of being a third wheel, Sam applies to be a counselor-in-training at Whispering Pines camp in the New York Catskills. But what she doesn't realize is that it's not going to be all Kumbaya sing-alongs and gooey s'mores. If Ashley, the alpha queen of Whispering Pines, doesn't ruin Sam's summer, then her raging crush on the surfer-blond and flirtatious Hunter just might. At least she has playful Cole, who's always teasing her, but is oh-so-comfortable to hang out with, and the singular gang of girls that become fast friends with Sam-they call themselves the Sleepaway Girls

-Amanda

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey!! both books have great, catching covers and they both sound like good reads. Which one are you going to start with first?

Amanda said...

Ravenous Reader- Actually I already finished The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and I started Sleepaway Girls!

Bookworm said...

Oooh...Sleepaway Girls....I'm so jealous. I love Jen Calonita! I hope you like that one!

Liyana said...

How was The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? I wanna know the ending!

Letter Garden said...

I've read not so pleasant reviews about 'Sleepaway Girls' but I think I should give it a try. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

the first one sounds really REALLY good i'm adding it to my tbr list right now

Rebecca said...

Nice haul this week, can't wait to read your reviews of them.