Saturday, June 20, 2009

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

****Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott****

Originality- 17/20
Characters- 17/20
Remembrance- 8/10
Quote-ability- 8/10
Entertainment- 18/20
Ending- 8/10
Recommend to read- 8/10
TOTAL- 84/100
Grade- B
Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showcasing photos of pretty girls and his party lifestyle all over the Internet, and her mom was once one of her dad's girlfriends and is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for way too long, Hannah has mastered the art of staying under the radar...and that's just how she likes it.

Of course, that doesn't help her get noticed by her crush. Hannah's sure that gorgeous, sensitive Josh is her soul mate. But trying to get him to notice her; wondering why she suddenly can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn; and dealing with her parents make Hannah feel like she's going crazy. Yet she's determined to make things work out the way she wants -- only what she wants may not be what she needs....

Something, Maybe was a fun read. It did however get me annoyed at times. I was constantly wondering why Hannah isn't noticing certain things or why she would believe such obvious lies. The characters were done pretty well. Hannah was very round and original, but I felt like all of the side characters were missing something. I wish we could have been brought farther into some of Hannah's friends lives. I was curious at to why we weren't. There were many opportunities in which Scott could have easily gave us more insight. Overall I would say that Something, Maybe is a great book for girls who don't quite belong.

-Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any books by Elizabeth Scott, but I really should. I've heard good things about them.

Anonymous said...

This book is adorable. I love Elizabeth Scott. :)