Sunday, August 14, 2011

RD Readathon Final Update


The Readathon is over, and I am pretty disappointed with myself. I guess it was a bad decision to jump into a readathon less than a week before my senior year starts. I've been busy working on my summer reading projects, which at this point involves more writing than reading.

I read--
Pregnant Pause by Han Nolan
34 Pages of Stranger With My Face by Lois Duncan

That is a total of 374 Pages

I really enjoyed Pregnant Pause, and so far I am a bit annoyed with Stranger With My Face.

I definitely enjoyed the readathon! The mini challenges were very fun even if I didn't have time to participate in many. All By MySHELF, you did an amazing job. I don't think I could have tackled hosting a readathon on my own!

If I could change anything about the readathon, I would have added more blogs/variety into the mix. Most readathons that I've participated in have more than one host, and several people hosting mini challenges who also give out prizes. By doing this, the readathon gets advertised more so more people sign up, and there are more book goodies to be won. When everything is posted on one blog, it takes over that blog and it can be hard to find posts and other readers of that blog not participating will get bored.

Like I said, I had an amazing time. If Ren holds another one, I will be among the first to sign up. Thanks!

No comments: