Monday, April 23, 2012

Bridesmaids

Title: Bridesmaids
Director:  Paul Feig
Writer:  Kristen Wiig, and Annie Mumolo
Starring: Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and Rose Byrne 
Grade: 83% or B-


My Thoughts::
I had no real interest in seeing this movie in theaters when it was out. It just seemed like one of those adult comedies that only those with children or just older in general would laugh at and relate to. But even months and months after it left theaters, I kept hearing about how funny it was. I saw short clips that captured my interest and decided to finally check it out.

Now, first I want to say that I was wrong. The movie was extremely funny and I am a pretty young person. I was able to understand the jokes even though they all weren't always relevant to me. But believe me, most of the jokes would be funny to anyone. There were several scenes where I just cracked up laughing and couldn't stop. I had to do a long wind down laugh.

Comedies usually have trouble keeping a good storyline and plot while still staying funny. This movie did not have that problem. It was pretty predictable, but that didn't matter much. There were a couple of unexpected things though, which was nice.

I really liked the different types of characters and how they are all close friends to the same girl but not with each other. It was interesting seeing how someone is friends with such different people. It also made the movie more funny because they had variating quarks and hilarious personalities. Seeing them interact and clash was even better.

Overall I think the move was pretty freaking funny for anybody, except for probably young children...

2 comments:

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

Thanks for a great review of this. I keep hearing about how funny it is. I didn't used to be into "quirky" comedies like this when I was younger but usually if the cast is right these are hilarious to me now.

Lynn said...

I was just like you at first not wanting to see this movie when it was in the theaters, but I as well kept hearing great reviews, either from coworkers at Dish or just from friends and family, so I finally decided to check it out. I don’t know what I was thinking about first because I honestly had a great time watching Bridesmaids. It was funny throughout the whole film and even sentimental in other areas. It even reminded me of one of my best friends and I some years ago. I thankfully rented it with my Blockbuster @Home package I have through my Dish subscription, so with no late fees to worry about, I’m excited I’ll be able to keep it a few days longer to watch with my boyfriend. I think he’ll really enjoy it too! Thanks for the read! :)