Friday, January 11, 2013

Rock of Ages

Title: Rock of Ages
Director: Adam Shankman
Writer(s):  Justin Theroux, Chris D'Arienzo, Allan Loeb, and Chris D'Arienzo
Starring: Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, and Tom Cruise
Grade: 85% or B
 

My Thoughts::
Okay, so I'll admit it..I'm a suck for musicals. And since I played Karaoke Revolution back in middle school, I loved songs from the 80s (since that was more in the budget I suppose). Mix these two together and you get a movie that I find very fun much to watch and sing along with.

I was never much of a fan of Tom Cruise. I didn't dislike him, but I was never impressed by his performances or enjoyed the movies that he was in to any large extent. So he really wowed me in this movie. I had absolutely no clue that he had such fantastic singing abilities! And he took on the rockstar persona soooo well! I tell my friends that I only like Tom Cruise when he's playing Stacee Jaxx.

This movie had a very scattered plot going on though. Is it about Stacee Jaxx going solo? Is it about his relationship with the reporter? Is is about the relationship between Sherrie and Drew? Is it about Sherrie and Drew becoming famous? Is it about keeping the Bourbon Room from becoming bankrupt? Or is it about the clash between the protesters and Stacee Jaxx/The Bourbon Room? You see it is all of these things and none of them are at the forefront. It is just mixed all together with even more elements involved as well. 

Overall this was a fun movie to watch, if only for the amazing performances and songs and of course, Stacee Jaxx (being very very sexy..ugh..)

No comments: