Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Tommyknockers by Stephen King

I finished reading this yesterday! Finally!!

Originality- 19/20
Characters- 14/20
Remembrance- 7/10
Quote-ability- 6/10
Entertainment- 15/20
Ending- 7/10
Recommend to read- 5/10
TOTAL- 73
Grade- C

Writer Bobbi Anderson becomes obsessed with digging up something she's found buried in the woods near her home. With the help of her friend, Jim Gardener, she uncovers an alien spaceship. Though exposure to the Tommyknockers who piloted the alien craft has detrimental effects on residents' health, the people of Haven develop a talent for creating innovative devices under its increasingly malignant influence.

Even though this book took me a VERY long time to read does not mean it wasn't good. I think Stephen King books are supposed to be "scary" this one for me however was not. It happened to be strange, creative, and interesting though. I couldn't really relate to any of the characters because for one they were all adults, and were pretty much the opposite of what a teen would be like. There were some younger people but they were really young. Though I couldn't relate to the characters I thought the plot was very interesting. I never really knew what was going to happen next but I had an inkling. Overall I thought The Tommyknockers was a time consuming read but good for anyone that has the patience for an unbelievable story.

1 comment:

Bookworm said...

Oooh...I'm not a fan of scary stories, so I've never worked up the courage to check out one of SK's novels. Good review, however.