Sunday, October 30, 2011

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a post where I tell you the books that I received this week either by buying them from the bookstore, going to the library or from my mailbox. In My Mailbox was inspired by Alea and turned into a meme by Kristi.

The Death Cure by James Dashner

Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.

The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi

In America's Gulf Coast region, where grounded oil tankers are being broken down for parts, Nailer, a teenage boy, works the light crew, scavenging for copper wiring just to make quota--and hopefully live to see another day. But when, by luck or chance, he discovers an exquisite clipper ship beached during a recent hurricane, Nailer faces the most important decision of his life: Strip the ship for all it's worth or rescue its lone survivor, a beautiful and wealthy girl who could lead him to a better life.…

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

Since her parents' bitter divorce, McLean and her dad, a restaurant consultant, have been on the move-four towns in two years. Estranged from her mother and her mother's new family, McLean has followed her dad in leaving the unhappy past behind. And each new place gives her a chance to try out a new persona: from cheerleader to drama diva. But now, for the first time, McLean discovers a desire to stay in one place and just be herself, whoever that is. Perhaps Dave, the guy next door, can help her find out.

Gone by Lisa McMann

Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves—she has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life—and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out....

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Once Grace and Sam have found each other, they know they must fight to stay together. For Sam, this means a reckoning with his werewolf past. For Grace, it means facing a future that is less and less certain.
the loss.

Into their world comes a new wolf named Cole, whose past is full of hurt and danger. He is wrestling with his own demons, embracing the life of a wolf while denying the ties of a human.

the linger.

For Grace, Sam, and Cole, life is a constant struggle between two forces--wolf and human--with love baring its two sides as well. It is harrowing and euphoric, freeing and entrapping, enticing and alarming. As their world falls apart, love is what lingers. But will it be enough?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ship Breaker is FANTASTIC! Hope you enjoy it =)

MY IMM:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox31.html
Hope you're having an excellent weekend!
-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

Anonymous said...

The Death Cure The Death Cure The Death Cure!

Giselle said...

I really enjoyed Linger. Great haul!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Kelly said...

The Wolves of Mercy Falls is one of my favourite series!! Linger wasn't as good as Shiver or Forever (IMO), but still a good read! I'm just getting to the Scorch Trials now, so The Death Cure will definitely be showing up on my TBR list soon!

In My Mailbox

Gianne said...

THE DEATH CURE looks amazing! I have SCORCH TRIALS on my shelf, waiting to be read.

Happy reading! :)

My IMM: http://aneverendingfantasy.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-103011.html

Anonymous said...

Great Haul, I also just got Linger!

MY IMM

mfay2 said...

Yay for Sarah Dessen! I want to read Ship Breaker.

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

Cabel...GONE! I need to catch up on this series!*thanks for reminding me lol* can't wait for your reviews!

happy reading!

LisaILJ said...

I am ashamed to admit that I haven't read the Sarah Dessen book yet. She is my favorite author and the book has been siting on my self since May. I liked linger, but I agree with Kelly it was probably the weakest in the series.