Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read in 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's top ten is....

Top Ten Favorite Books I Read in 2011. With excerpts from my reviews!

1.  Divergent by Veronica Roth. "I couldn't resist for very long and decided to take the plunge.....and wow. This is like..the book of the year." Graded as 97%

2. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. "I have to give props to any author who decides to tackle time travel. There are so many ways that you can contradict yourself and make mistakes, so far I've seen none." Graded as 97%

3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. "Do I even have to mention how much I loved Jem? Ahhhhh, time to swoon. Sadly, Tessa seems to be going for the bad boy, Will. Not a problem there, he is pretty swoon worthy in his own right." Graded as 96%

4. The Death Cure by James Dashner. "Even after I finished, I felt a lingering feeling of doubt. This book really makes you paranoid and skeptical about everything you're told in it. This, let me tell you, makes for a very wild read." Graded as 96%

5.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. "The only thing that I really wanted to do after finishing this book was to read the next one! There is no way that there can't be a sequel." Graded as 95%

6. Graceling by Kristin Cashore. "Ooooooh Po...Po...I love him. Now I understand why people love him so much and why he is for some reason held on such a pedestal. I also now understand how crazy the people are who think that Peeta and Katniss could win in a fight against Po and Katsa." Graded as 95%

7. Plague by Michael Grant. "When I finished Plague I was left thinking about it for days afterward. Because even though some doors in the novel closed, so so so many more opened up. I have so much to think about now and it is very exciting." Graded as 94%

8. Ashfall by Mike Mullin. "Overall I found Ashfall to be a very gripping read with an intriguing setting and characters, even if they sometimes got a bit too lucky." Graded as 94%

9. Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan. "This is the first book that I read set in space, and it adds a new urgency to all problems. The solutions are no longer simple and the stakes are higher." Graded as 94%

10. The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong. "I'm also really enjoying the side characters. I'm trying to imagine what abilities they might have and what part they are going to play in whatever happens next." Graded as 93%

2 comments:

Susanne said...

I loved Divergent and Ashfall! Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Glow are on my TBR list. I can't wait to read them!

Here's my Top Ten
http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-ten-favorite-books-i-read-in-2011.html

Tanya Patrice said...

Love this list! I cannot believe I haven't read Divergent yet!