Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Childhood Faves

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's top ten is....

Top Ten Childhood Faves. In no particular order and no promise of ten..

1. The Pokey Little Puppy by Janette Sebring Lowrey. My mom would read this to my sister and I almost every night when we were really little. I just loved the story and never tired of hearing it over and over again while I fell asleep.

2. The Baby-Sitters Club series by Ann M. Martin. These books pretty much sparked my obsession with reading. I've always loved to read, but these were the first books that I would spend all day reading. It brought me to a whole new level. Plus, I felt like they were never ending and they took up my entire bookshelf, which I loved.

3. Anything by Beverly Cleary. During my long car rides as a youngster, I remember reading her books so much. Whenever the scholastic book sales were going on I was always able to convince my parents to buy me one box set or another. I grew with these books since she wrote for slightly different age levels.

4. The Magic Tree House series by  Mary Pope Osborne. Whenever we had to choose a book from the school library or the teacher's shelves for quiet reading time, my hands always went to these. There was so much adventure packed into such a small book that I couldn't help but spending a long time choosing the best one.

No comments: