Saturday, November 22, 2008

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac + TWILIGHT THE MOVIE

Last night my friend and I went to see Twilight under the impression that it would be good and would be different than the book. NOPE it was FANTASTIC, and it followed the twilight story perfectly. Yeah i know some scenes were taken out or done differently. And yeah there were some new scenes. I still couldn't help but love the movie. My gosh. There were soooo many great parts! Like when Mike was by the window dancing, and the ending with Victoria at the prom. AMAZING. I used to be skeptical about some of the character choices but never mind. It was perfect. For my friend and i at least. I can't stop thinking about Twilight. Again.

So like the title says I'm gonna review Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac. Here you guys go!

****Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin****
Originality- 18/20
Characters- 17/20
Remembrance- 8/10
Quote-ability- 8/10
Entertainment- 16/20
Ending- 8/10
Recommend to read- 7/10
TOTAL- 82/100
Grade- B

After high-school junior Naomi conks her head, she can't remember anything that happened since sixth grade. She is by turns mystified and startled by evidence of her present life, from the birth-control pills in her bedside table to her parents' astonishing, rancorous split. Eventually, the memories return, leaving Naomi questioning the basis of a new, intense romance, and wondering which of her two lives, present or former, represents her most authentic self.

About a year ago I read Elsewhere and thought it was fantastic, that's why I read Memoirs. I wanted to read more by Gabrielle Zevin. And Zevin did not disappoint. I was very happy with the characters this time! WOOO. It's been a while. Naomi was so easy to relate to. Sometimes though i couldn't understand her thought process. Like when she didn't tell anyone about getting her memory back. REALLY?! Because I would have been jumping up and down and screaming to tell world that I could remember again. Besides a couple of odd things like that, Memoirs was super enjoyable and funny. Go check it out now. Please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanx for the review .. and to let you know .. Memories of a teenage amnesia is gonna be a movie .. starting the Amazing Jp Actress Horikita maki .. check it out in 2010