Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Look Inside

"A Look Inside" Is a post where I'll have a featured author, and I'll choose a book that they wrote. I always come out after finishing a book with a favorite character, so I'll also have a featured character, and one of my favorite quotes from them.

Author: E. Lockhart
Book: The Boyfriend List
Character: Ruby and Cricket
Quote: "How did it happen?" Cricket wanted to know.
I told all.
They wanted to know more.
"What did it feel like?"
Electricity.
"What did he smell like?"
Nutmeg.
"What did he taste like?"
I don't know. Person.
"Did he lick your ear?"
No. Gross! (laughter)
"Did you grab his butt?"
"Cricket!"
"I would have grabbed his butt."
(More laughter.) "I'm not up to butts," I said. "That's way too advanced."
"Not down the pants!" she yelled. "On top of the pants."
"Even so. Butt-grabbing on a first kiss is a bit much."
"Oh. I think you can get a nice handful even before the first kiss," said Cricket. (Raucous laughter.)
"You're just going to reach over and squeeze?" I asked.
"Sure, why not?"
"Please. You're all talk."
"No. I would completely do it. On top of the pants, mind you.
And so on.

Once again this is more like an excerpt. This part made me giggle because it reminded me sooo much of me and my friends. Talking about things we would never actually do, and mindlessly joking with each other.

No comments: