Monday, September 21, 2009

Fade to Blue by Sean Beaudoin

****Fade to Blue by Sean Beaudoin****

Originality- 20/20
Characters- 17/20
Remembrance- 8/10
Quote-ability- 7/10
Entertainment- 17/20
Ending- 8/10
Recommend to read- 7/10
TOTAL- 84/100
Grade- B

Sophie Blue started wearing a black skirt and Midnight Noir lipstick on her last birthday. It was also the day her father disappeared. Or spontaneously combusted. Which is sort of bad timing, since a Popsicle truck with tinted windows has started circling the house.

Kenny Fade is a basketball god. His sneakers cost more than his Jeep. He's the guy all the ladies (and their mommas) want. Bad.

Sophie Blue and Kenny Fade don't have a thing in common. Aside from being reasonably sure they're losing their minds.

----------------------------------------------------------
Fade to Blue totally messed up my mind. It automatically started out making very little sense. Everytime one of our questions was answered three more would be gained. I'm not saying that the book was bad, I'm just saying that it was really confusing.

Everything was happening all at once and the book had it's own sort of lingo which didn't help anything. When my friend asked me what I thought about the book the only way I could think of to describe it was "It was crazy and amazing and confusing but totally weird, and actually kinda awesome." Really it was creative and brought something totally new to the YA table.

Overall I would say that Fade to Blue was enormously creative and will probably blow your mind. Enjoy!

-Amanda

1 comment:

Taylor House said...

From what I saw and heard of it - probably the weirdest book ever. (Must. Read. Maybe.)