The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's top ten is...
Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books. In no particular order...
1. "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not"- My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
2. "So it's you and a syringe against the Capitol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans."- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
3. "You should never be surprised when someone treats you with respect, you should expect it."- Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen.
4. "These are hard times. The world hurts. We live in fear and forget to
walk with hope. But hope has not forgotten you. So ask it to dinner.
It's probably hungry and would appreciate the invitation.- Going Bovine by Libba Bray.
5. "In nineteen minutes, you can mow the front lawn; color your hair; watch
a third of a hockey game. In nineteen minutes, you can bake scones or
get a tooth filled by a dentist; you can fold laundry for a family of
five. In nineteen minutes, you can stop the world; or you can just jump
off it."- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.
6. "The higher my GPA gets the more I realize high school is useless."- Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty.
7. "Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear."- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.
8. “If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person?”- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.
9. “It's so much easier to convince yourself you're madly in love with someone when you know nothing about him.- Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty.
10. "Here's the funny thing about the world coming to an end. Once it gets going, it doesn't seem to stop."- Life As We Knew It by Susane Beth Pfeffer.