Thursday, June 23, 2011

127 Hours

Title: 127 Hours
Director: Danny Boyle
Writer: Danny Boyle (Screenplay), Simon Beaufoy (Screenplay), and Aron Ralston (Book)
Starring: James Franco
Grade: 96% or A



This movie was fantastic. Even after the credits finished rolling I didn't move. Whenever I watch or read something that is based off of a true story, I look at it differently. Because when something scary or bad happens in fiction, you can always think to yourself "oh, it isn't real", but in these cases you can't.

Aron is a completely inspiring person. To go through this entire ordeal, and then to try to make the most out of his life afterward is amazing. How could someone watch a movie like this and not take a real hard look at their life and how lucky they are to have it? The actor they got to play Aron (James Franco) was awesome. The film literally had one big role. The others were very tiny in comparison. He captures the desperateness of the situation. You can just feel the distress of trying every single thing you could think of, and them coming to the realization that you are going to die.

This movie really made me look at what I like about movies. You don't have to have a handful of sexy stars and unbelievable graphics for it to be amazing. The story that this movie shows is breathtaking. I couldn't help but cry at several occasions for Aron. The only reason that I got through it was by remembering that this was Aron's story and he is still alive. He is a person that truly wanted to live and didn't give up hope.

I would recommend this movie to everyone. Everyone should be able to find a place in their heart for a movie like this. I wasn't disappointed in the least. The acting, filming, and directing are what I would like to see more of.

1 comment:

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

I've been debating on seeing this one. I want to see it, but at the same time since it's based on a true story, and I'm so anxious, I dunno if I could sit through it knowing all of it actually happened. I know that sounds incredibly weird, lol