Sunday, November 6, 2011

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a post where I tell you the books that I received this week either by buying them from the bookstore, going to the library or from my mailbox. In My Mailbox was inspired by Alea and turned into a meme by Kristi.

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Lennie plays second clarinet in the school orchestra and has always happily been second fiddle to her charismatic older sister, Bailey. Then Bailey dies suddenly, and Lennie is left at sea without her anchor. Overcome by emotion, Lennie soon finds herself torn between two boys: Bailey's boyfriend, Toby, and Joe, the charming and musically gifted new boy in town. While Toby can't see her without seeing Bailey and Joe sees her only for herself, each offers Lennie something she desperately needs. But ultimately, it's up to Lennie to find her own way toward what she really needs-without Bailey. A remarkable debut novel perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Francesca Lia Block.

My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody

PLEASE READ THIS! MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Okay, maybe that was a bit melodramatic, but I’m sorry, I’m feeling a bit melodramatic at the moment. 

Here’s the deal. My name is Brooklyn Pierce, I’m fifteen years old, and I am decisionally challenged. Seriously, I can’t remember the last good decision I made. I can remember plenty of crappy ones though. Including that party I threw when my parents were out of town that accidentally burned down a model home. Yeah, not my finest moment, for sure. 

But see, that’s why I started a blog. To enlist readers to make my decisions for me. That’s right. I gave up. Threw in the towel. I let someone else decide which book I read for English. And whether or not I accepted an invitation to join the debate team from that cute-in-a-dorky-sort-of-way guy who gave me the Heimlich maneuver in the cafeteria. (Note to self: chew the melon before swallowing it.) I even let them decide who I dated! 

Well, it turns out there are some things in life you simply can’t choose or have chosen for you—like who you fall in love with. And now everything’s more screwed up than ever. 

E-Books
Red Heart Tattoo by Lurlene McDaniel
The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher
 Don't You Wish by Roxanne St.Claire

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard such good things about The Sky is Everywhere. Hope you enjoy it.

I see you're reading Ship Breaker. I'm so torn on whether to get that one or not.

Lindsay Cummings author said...

the sky is everywhere is a GREAT book!!

here's my FIRST ever IMM! stop by?! :)

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

Amanda Welling said...

The Sky is Everywhere looks really good! Enjoy :)

Come visit my IMM and enter to win an Amazon Kindle Fire!

-Amanda
Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! My Undecided Life looks really cute. I'd like to read it.
My IMM

LisaILJ said...

The Sky is Everywhere was such a good book. One of my top 10 from last year.

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

I'm dying to read The Sky is everywhere! It sounds really good, and I know lots of people like it. Enjoy!

Books of Amber

Janiera said...

The Sky is Everywhere is sounds really, really touching. Have fun reading it. I did my first IMM this week and received a lot of books!
In My Mailbox

Giselle said...

My Life Undecided sounds really cute! Great haul.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Marathon said...

The Sky is Everywhere is one of my all time favorite books! It will make you smile, make you fall in love, and, yes, make you cry. Hard. But you'll be better for it. And I just won My Life Undecided, and I'm eager to get started on it!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)