Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Look Inside

A Look Inside is a post where I give you a couple of quotes from a book that I've read and enjoyed!

This week's book is Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

"You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real."

"Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear."

"It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart."

"Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!"

"I roll my eyes. "So when did I become so special? When they carted me off to the Capitol?"
"No, about six months before that. Right after New Year's. We were in the Hob, eating some slop of Greasy Sae's. And Darius was teasing you about trading a rabbit for one of his kisses. And I realized...I minded."

"But collective thinking is usually short-lived. We're fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction."

No comments: