Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Look Inside

A Look Inside is a post where I give you a couple of quotes from a book that I've read and enjoyed!

This week's book is The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart

"She will not be simple and sweet.
She will not be what people tell her she should be."

"Secrets are more powerful when people know you've got them."

"There will be all these fifty-year-old women wearing hot pants and squeezing themselves into pretzel shapes and then there will be me. Just reaching for my toes like they're China. 'Hello there! You're so far away, I can't get to you! Can you even hear me?"

"These guys, they were so sure of their places in life--so deeply confident of their merit and their future--they didn't need any kind of front at all."

"Frankie appreciated both the accolades and the rejections equally, because both meant she'd had an impact. She wasn't a person who needed to be liked so much as she was a person who liked to be notorious."

No comments: