Thursday, July 14, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Wrap Up

So I'm a little disappointed in myself. I only read 3 out of the 5 that I wanted to finish. So I didn't reach my goal, BUT I did read twice as much as I usually would have, AND I finally finished one of my books for AP. Here are my completed books--

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
A Separate Peace by John Knowles
Thirteen Days to Midnight by Patrick Carman

I had 2 posts concerning the Read-a-Thon HERE and HERE (in which I also participated in a day two challenge)

What I hate the most is that I KNOW I could have read more...

I had a lot of fun participating in the read-a-thon. It gave me an incentive to read more faster, and I did. I will definitely participate next year. Actually, I hope someone is doing another read-a-thon this summer..I need to redeem myself!

3 comments:

Amy @ bookgoonie said...

I read more than I would have also, but also thought I could read more. Better reading next time. Glad you got some of your AP reading out of the way. If you get a chance, stop by http://wp.me/p1h3Ps-ms
Amy @ bookgoonie

~Enamored Soul~ said...

Amanda,

I think the read-a-thon pushes us to read fast,but I think it is also very important to enjoy what you're reading. This enjoyment is what slows us down...but it's not a bad thing! :D I think you did pretty darn well. I, too, fell short of my goal...but I think I did alright. I'm just glad I participated and had fun. I had a blast...hope you did too! :D

Check out my final update here: http://is.gd/E0vf5v

~Hira~
GFC Follower: ~Enamored Soul~
Email: Enamoredsoul(at)gmail(dot)com

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

I love A Separate Peace. I should probably pick that up and read it again and see if I still like it. It's funny how books strike you different when you are different ages and at different parts of your life.
I had fun with the read-a-thon, glad you did too!