Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

I've been waiting for the chance to read this for a while. I'm so glad that I decided to read it next. I just finished it today, because we had a snow day! I hope everyone is think about which BOOKS to buy each other for the holidays!

****The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson****

Originality- 20/20
Characters- 15/20
Remembrance- 8/10
Quote-ability- 7/10
Entertainment- 18/20
Ending- 8/10
Recommend to read- 9/10
TOTAL- 85
Grade- B

Who is Jenna Fox? Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a coma, they tell her, and she is still recovering from a terrible accident in which she was involved a year ago. But what happened before that? Jenna doesn't remember her life. Or does she? And are the memories really hers?

This book had the perfect idea for me. I really like books that make me think of other ideas, even futuristic ones. I could spend days thinking about this book and future possibilities. To me this book bordered on fantasy and real. Because all of the things they talked about could become reality. Jenna was a interesting main character. She was curious about everything, and was very blunt. Ethan was also blunt. Though you didn't get many details about their love interest, you can feel it. I did wish I could learn more about Dane's story, and why he approached Jenna by the woods. Or Gabriel, why did he want to blend in so much? The plot was so amazingly developed, and kept me interested through the entire story. But I was still left with many unanswered questions. I would reccomend The Adoration of Jenna Fox to anyone who's getting bored of predictable stories.

1 comment:

Vanessa (whatvanessareads.wordpress.com) said...

I don't know how much I'll like this since it has fantasy in it.

I do want to try it. Thanks for the review!