Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Rule of Won by Stefan Petrucha

I'm sorry for not posting yesterday. I was out late shopping and doing homework. But I was able to finish The Rule of Won earlier today. Here's the review!

****The Rule of Won by Stefan Petrucha****
Originality- 19/20
Characters- 16/20
Remembrance- 9/10
Quote-ability- 9/10
Entertainment- 18/20
Ending- 8/10
Recommend to read- 9/10
TOTAL- 88
Grade- B

The secret of The Rule of Won is simple, yet its power has been suppressed for generations. The universe is one of infinite abundance—ask, and you shall receive. Umm, yeah right. Meet Caleb Dunne, slacker extraordinaire. Caleb prefers to glide through life with the minimal amount of effort, so he isn’t too jazzed when his overachieving girlfriend, Vicky, convinces him to join a new school club based on a controversial book, The Rule of Won. Slackers don’t join school clubs, do they? As The Rule gains popularity, though, the club members start to gain power within the school. From dark posts on the club’s online message board to all-out threats in the hallways, it becomes apparent that the group is getting out of control. For slacker Caleb, though, the only thing worse than doing something is not doing something.

I know I say this a lot, but this time it's REALLY true; I've never read anything like this before. It took me a little while to get into it but that's probably because I was only able to read a couple pages at a time. But once I got into it, it was mesmerizing. I almost started to believe in The Rule. What really kept me interested were the sudden blocks of comedy. One of my favorite parts was when Caleb decides that his new goal, instead of winning the fight, is to get out of the circle. Every bit of serious left in an instant, and I started laughing. The Rule of Won exceeded my expectations, and left me with a long lasting impression, and questions that can't be answered. Heh maybe I should imanifest the answers coming to me.

4 comments:

Taylor House said...

wowwers. i sorta wanna read that. hehe.

H&C,
Tay-Toe

p.s. my message wasn't meant to be cryptic. it just came out that way.

Just Listen said...

Your review made me really excited about reading this book.

Nice review. :)

Ashley said...

I have this waiting for me. :)

addicted reader said...

I just reviewed this too! If your interested in viewing it, my blog is reviewabook123.blogspot.com!