Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life by Dana Reinhardt

I am soooo proud of myself, I finished this book yesterday and I read another today. Of course this means more reviews for you guys!

****A Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life by Dana Reinhardt****

Originality- 19/20
Characters- 19/20
Remembrance- 10/10
Quote-ability- 9/10
Entertainment- 19/20
Ending- 10/10
Recommend to read- 10/10
TOTAL- 96
Grade- A

Olive skinned and dark eyed, Simone looks nothing like her fair-haired family. She is, nonetheless, the beloved daughter of her adoptive parents and enjoys a close and supportive relationship with her younger brother. It therefore comes as a terrible intrusion in Simone's comfortable life when, after 16 years, her birth mother asks to meet her. After some resistance, Simone makes contact with Rivka, a 33-year-old self-exiled Hasidic Jew who is dying of ovarian cancer.

I seriosously didn't have any complaints with this one except that it was too short! I remember last year a friend of mine was reading this book and during one class period i started to read it. I haven't read any more since. That's why I was so excited right from the beginning. All of the characters are very well developed. I really liked Simone's sense of humor. The plot was also great and held a lot of substance. Though it was fast paced i'll look back to this book for a long time. Everything that happened was very believable and sometimes even sad. I almost cried at the end but I was also happy. Emotions ran through me the whole time that I read.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

Great review, this sounds like something my niece would enjoy so I'm going to buy it for her, thanks for the review!

Simply_Megan said...

I loved this book when I read it. Then I got How To Build a House which was really good, and realized that they are by the same author! So if you liked this, you'll definitely like How To Build a House.

Unknown said...

I've never even heard about this book, sounds really good I will put it on my tbr list :D

Melissa Walker said...

I loved this one, too. And HOW TO BUILD A HOUSE is in my pile!