Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Save

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's top ten is...

Top Ten Books I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens (or any other natural disaster...you get the drift. )

Sorry, I had to choose my favorite books and could not possibly choose 4 more because then I would just be splitting hairs on my other favorites.

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I don't re-read books often, but for some reason I keep going back to this book. It makes me contemplate things that I don't usually contemplate and always renews my love for the dystopian genre.

2. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Just like The Hunger Games I can't stay away from this book. I'll catch myself thinking about it randomly almost every day.

3. Gone by Michael Grant. I say I have favorite series, but the bottom line is that this one is my favorite. And there is nothing I love more than the beginning of things, and this is it. The beginning of my favorite series.

4. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. Whenever I get into a reading funk this book always has the power to bring me out of it. So do most other Dessen books, but this one just has the extra spark.

5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This books just left me feeling everything. Feelings are important and it kind of makes me take another look at my problems and relax because at least I'm not facing death or anything that serious.

6. Fly On the Wall by E. Lockhart. This book never fails to make me laugh and make light of a day that might not have been so awesome. It is my happy time book.

No comments: