Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Frozen

Title: Frozen
Director: Adam Green
Writer: Adam Green
Starring: Shawn Ashmore, Emma Bell and Kevin Zegers
Grade: C+

Three skiers are stranded on a chairlift and forced to make life-or-death choices that prove more perilous than staying put and freezing to death.
-----------------------------------

I don't know how they did it. But they took a movie where 3/4 of the time they were stuck on a ski lift and made it unbelievably exciting. I was trying to watch something a little more...mature, and when I saw the description, I knew I had to watch it.

The most basic problem that the characters have is the cold. They won't be getting any help for several days and this is a mountain people, it's really freaking cold. To be able to continue I must mention the relationship status of the three people. The two boys are best friends since forever and the girl and been going out with the one boy for less than a year. Best friend is okay with girl but thinks she gets in the way sometimes.

The movie was good, and I really appreciated how Best Friend and Girlfriend got really close after Boyfriend..sacrificed himself. That part was pretty darn sad. I had to look away because it was also disgusting.

The girl though? She annoyed me. She was always crying or peeing her pants (literally), while everyone else put themselves in danger, getting KILLED, until the coast was clear for her. She was pretty useless and was only there so there would be a survivor. The other characters I found admirable, cute, and funny.

Overall I would say this was an exciting movie for what it had on the table to deal with. I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves suspense without the horror or action.

-Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to rent this movie one time but I hadn't heard much about it and was skeptical as most scary movies I watch end up sucking lol (yet I keep watching them). Sounds pretty intense to say the least!