Monday, January 10, 2011

Tangled

Title: Tangled
Director: Nathan Greno, Byron Howard
Writer: Dan Fogelman (Screenplay), Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm (Fairy Tale)
Starring: Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi and Donna Murphy
Grade: B+


The long-haired Princess Rapunzel has spent her entire life in a tower, but when she falls in love with a bandit who was passing by she must venture into the outside world for the first time to find him.
--------------------------------------------------------------
This movie was fantastic. It's one of those movies that is called a "children's movie," but you find yourself enjoying it much more than your younger family members. I feel like this movie is bringing some of the old disney back that we know and love. Not completely of course. There was a lot of comedy that we never saw back in the day, but kids are more demanding now with entertainment so they need more than just a heartfelt story.


It didn't match the book page for page but what book to movie does nowadays? It was fun and completely adorable. I am in no way territorial with the original Rapunzel. This was fine with me.

The animation was fantastic. When my friends and I left the theater we all wanted wigs made out of her hair. There were so many awwwwwwh moments, I can't even keep track. One of the best was when they show Rapunzel as a baby with her hair. She's just so darn cute!


The story was very smooth and the pace was great. There wasn't too much down time where it might get a little boring and there wasn't too much action where it might make it too hard to follow.
The characters were also wonderful. I think they made great choices when they decided for Mandy Moore to voice Rapunzel. The evil characters were perfectly evil and the nice characters weren't annoying. What more can you ask for?

I am in love with this movie. If I had the cash I would definitely see it again. It's one movie you don't want to miss out on. The songs were even great. Usually I find a problem with cartoon musicals but not this one. I almost contemplated putting them on my ipod.

Overall I would say that Tangled is a great movie for all ages. It's fun, and cute, and hilarious. It's the perfect movie to start a new generation of Disney lovers with!

-Amanda

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review. I loved Tangled, but I'm a big kid at heart.

Andrea said...

I really liked this movie as well, except for when her hair got cut off. I thought the hair was the best part! Anyway, great review!

Anonymous said...

This movie was SO adorable!