Wednesday, January 4, 2012

December in Review/2011 Wrap Up/2012 Goals

I read 9 books this month (you can check them all out in the Books Read page)
I reviewed 11:

My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody
Red Heart Tattoo by Lurlene McDaniel
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Legend by Marie Lu
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
Destined by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Replication By Jill Williamson

I reviewed 0 movies this month:

Challenges so far:
I listened to 5/6 audio books for the 2011 audio book challenge. Which means that I fell short by one. On the bright side I listened to 5 great books and did better than I thought I would at times.

I read 88/100 books towards my personal goal. I fell short. So sue me. The first half of the year was lacking, so even though I've been doing really good the past 6 months, I couldn't make it up.

Blog Changes:

A LOT! You've already read the post explaining why, so here are the changes.

-New Blog Name
-New blog design
-New blog layout
-Some new tabs
-The removal and addition of some buttons
-The format of reviews (The book pic is larger, the description in italicized and has a background color)
-I felt the blog had too much filler posts, so instead of doing a Waiting On Wednesday each week, I would post a Books to Come once a month. 

Overall:

I'm really proud of myself this year. I've had more success than I ever had. I started the year with less than 200 followers and now have over 450. I read and listened to so many books! Netgalley and Little Brown have been so amazing to me this year! Thanks for sticking with me, making comments, entering the giveaways, and reading what I have to say.

Looking to the Future


I have some goals for the blog and my booksish self for 2012..Here we go!

-Read 100 books
-Blog everyday (Not too much pressure, mistakes and other things happen)
-Comment on more blogs!
-Continue to be part of giveaway hops
-Post more reviews on Amazon and Goodreads
-Participate in more readathons/other events
-Cohost something!
-Try to post 2 movie reviews each month

No comments: