Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Limitless

Title: Limitless
Director: Neil Burger
Writer: Leslie Dixon (screenplay), Alan Glynn (novel) 
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Anna Friel, and Abbie Cornish
Grade: 87% or B+



My Thoughts::
This was one of those movies, that as soon as I saw the trailer I said "I am definitely going to see that in theaters!" but then I didn't. And even when it was put on netflix, I was too busy or wasn't in the mood to watch it. I kept putting it on the back burner until earlier this week when I found myself with some spare time.

I love going into movies like this. Right away my mind is off and running thinking about all of the possibilities of this drug and what the main character is going to do with them. The intro was also really nice. Taking us to near the end of the movie first, and then bringing us back to the beginning to see how he got to this point. It sucked me in right away and made me curious as to what happens before that. This is a brilliant plot tool that often gets overused, but worked very well in this instance. Though, at some points certain things seemed REALLY important, but were never addressed again.

The storyline twisted skillfully, and I really expected a totally different outcome. The actors did a great job at not giving everything away about their character. It was enjoyable to get to know them slowly, with clues of sorts, throughout the movie.  I could feel their fear, their will to live, and their wantingness for MORE.

Overall I think that Limitless was right up my alley. Bringing something new to the table without adding a cluster of confusion about the concept. The characters were pretty good and all seemed important to the story, even in their small ways.

No comments: