Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Ways to Mark Your Place in a Book

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week we get to make our own Bookish Top Ten!! So mine is Top Ten (7) Ways to Mark Your Place in a Book!

1. Buy a bookmark! Most bookstores and even some libraries have bookmarks for free or that you can purchase. OR you can check etsy which has some really cool and creative bookmarks.
Image from and can be bought: HERE

2. Make your own! Just find some thicker paper and go to town! Use stickers, markers, sequins, ANYTHING. Personalize it to fit your reading style.

3. Use a sticky note! Sticky notes come in a lot of sizes, colors, and designs. Get yourself a pad of them to set where you usually read, and you'll be good!

4. Paperclip! Find your favorite paperclip and start it on the page your on, and end it about 10-20 pages later. Then just open up to the first gap!
Image from and can be bought: HERE

5. Scrap of paper! This couple be something you have laying around, or something ripped off the corner of another sheet of paper. Something that was once useless is now serving a purpose.

6. Your finger! This only works for a short period of time to hold your place in a book while you're talking to someone.

7. Remember the page number you're on! Let your brain be the bookmark!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I buy the book, I often use the receipt! Cute list!

Brittani said...

Great top ten! I like your topic idea. I tend to use all kinds of things to mark my place. I most recently used a guitar pick to mark my place cuz it was the closest thing to me. Lol.

My Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-another-freebie-week.html

-Brittani