Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Friends with Benefits

Title: Friends with Benefits
Director: Will Gluck
Writer: Keith Merryman, David A. Newman, and Will Gluck
Starring: Mila Kunis, Justin Timberlake and Patricia Clarkson
Grade: 80% or B-


My Thoughts::
I usually review movies that are a bit more family friendly, but since my blog is directed to at least mid teens, I think this movie will fly here okay. Besides, I haven't been watching that many movies due to the fact that I'm catching up on True Blood and I have shows that come on weekly that I must watch.

I'm barely an adult, so I can't say that I can identify with these characters too much. But I did get the concept. The last thing I want to hear after being broken up with is that we should stay friends. And that the hurt isn't worth it if you just want sex. This is one of those movies that you'll find yourself saying "SO TRUE" over and over again because you've been in that situation or have had those thoughts or problems.

Though it had all of that going for it. Here we go...we've all seen this movie before. Haven't we? I mean, it was just done practically. Hello? No Strings Attached? And has been done before that as well. So we all knew exactly what was going to happen. There were no surprises or shocking moments. This movie played it safe and relied on its star cast to rake in the money.

They did such a good job though. They were hot, which you need with that many sex and so close to nudity scenes. Their characters were so darn funny, which is great because those particular actors do great in comedies. They had us like putty in their hands. They wanted us to laugh and some pretty lame jokes, and guess what? We did, and we loved it.

Overall I think that this was a funny movie with great acting. Its only faults were repeating a storyline done over and over again, bringing barely anything new to the table. If you like romantic comedies, you'll love this. 

No comments: